[57north-announce] Space Status, to members and others, Important.

Midder midder at protodox.com
Thu Jul 11 16:52:13 BST 2019

Hello Everyone.

Some of you may be aware of the building we are currently in being available for all enquiries, this is due to, as far as we know, the property having been sold. There is also a rent increase which cannot be met by our current membership and membership rate, It appears the landlord has an interest in the building being empty, either way, it may not be viable to stay.

The gaming cafe concern who we sublet from, soon to be called Reset Aberdeen, was also sold and they seem to be interested in moving.

This has been discussed by some of the membership, at the Openday and at other times. So what does this mean, and why should you be interested?

It means we are looking for a new location, so we would like to hear from anyone who knows of a suitable location which we could use, if the property is too big for us we can also approach the gaming cafe, and potentially fill a space which we could both share.

This will be a developing situation and we may not have a lot of time to arrange this, we have a rolling agreement till the end of September, by which time we should ideally have found a suitable location.

Any questions you may have, we will endeavour to answer, respond to the discuss list, so anyone can see our discussion, or come in on a Tuesday.

We have moved before and we can do it again, so this could be an opportunity, to find an even better location for our community.

Mull this over while you enjoy the fine weather we are having.

Midder.