[57north-discuss] [57north-announce] Open Tuesday 2019-01-08

Andy Gaskell ag at ssofb.co.uk
Tue Jan 8 13:22:10 GMT 2019

Hi :)
I can't make it in this evening, too much work, should be along next week.
Did someone say Laser Cutter? That sounds interesting :)  I was just
checking out the one at Peacock's last week
http://www.peacockvisualarts.com/digital-fabrication-studio/ they have a
couple of large HPC Laser LaserScript machines.
Catcha next week.

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 at 12:32, Tom Jones <tj at enoti.me> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 08, 2019 at 11:14:44AM +0000, Hibby wrote:
> > Howdy! It's Tuesday, it's 2019 and it's time to get started on new
> projects and exciting ideas.
> >
> > Consider coming to 57North tonight for cheer and social contact! We
> > get up to a range of activities on Tuesday nights, including but not
> > limited to social contact, programming, manufacturing weird things and
> > consuming sugary treats. We usually begin at about 7, but sometimes
> > someone will be in earlier.
> >
> > We're still settling in to our new location, downstairs from Engage
> > Gaming. Access is through our door just beside the Assembly on Skene
> > Terrace! If you're unsure about anything, ask in IRC[1].
> >
> > If you're new, I'd suggest you bring a laptop, and perhaps a project
> > you want to work on.
> >
> > If you're coming in, feel free to reply and tell us all what you're
> > planning to do!
> >
> > I shall be in and working on code. Bit of info-beamer, bit of wifi,
> > bit of mate, bit of beer. Usual me.
> >
> > [1] https://wiki.57north.org.uk/index.php/IRC
> >

> Sup,
>
> I will be in, I have many in progress pressing projects, but if I have
> the brain power I am contemplating writing a riscv instruction decoded.
>
> If a laser cutter has appeared I will be resisting poking at it.
>
> - [tj]

Andy Gaskell
Head Developer
Software Systems: Open For Business
Email: ag at ssofb.co.uk
Web: http://www.ssofb.co.uk
Mobile: 07745 924 449
Office: 01224 312857
Skype: andy_at_ssofb
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/agaskell
Office: 40 Raeden Park Road, Aberdeen, AB15 5LQ.
Limited company: SC347800