[57north-announce] Cryptonoise Reboot

Iain R. Learmonth irl at fsfe.org
Tue Jul 24 12:46:08 BST 2018

Hi All,

Cryptonoise is rebooted this month at 57North Hacklab's new location!

https://www.meetup.com/ORG-Aberdeen/events/qwwfbqyxkbjc/
https://opentechcalendar.co.uk/event/7127-cryptonoise-aberdeen

We will be meeting to bring together like minded people, discuss digital
freedoms and explore the use of cryptographic tools.

Discuss digital rights issues that are in the news. Learn how you can
help to protect your rights in a digital world. Bring a smartphone or
laptop and browse the web anonymously, learn about these technologies
and chat about the reasons we need them.

The theme this month will be web censorship, and I will give a short
presentation about the state of web censorship in the UK to get
discussion started.

Our community is based on mutual respect, tolerance, and encouragement,
and we are working to help each other live up to these principles.
Whoever you are, and whatever your background, we welcome you.

There are no stupid questions.

Thanks,
Iain.