[57north-announce] 57North Hacklab Ltd. AGM 2021

Edward Watson mail at edwardwatson.co.uk
Sat Apr 17 18:59:08 BST 2021

Dear members (apologies if you receive this twice via the cross-post)

As a stated annual requirement in our articles, 57 North Hacklab Ltd.
will be holding our Annual General Meeting (AGM) at 19:30 on Tuesday
the 4th of May 2021. The meeting will be virtual using the Jitsi video
conferencing application. Exact location details of the Jitsi
arrangements (i.e. the actual URL) will follow closer to the meeting
on the announce maillist, and be publicly archived also [0].

Much of the procedure for the AGM is laid out in the articles of
association which can be obtained from Companies House.

Our current membership count is 16, a quarter of which is 4 therefore
quorum for the meeting will require 4 members (see Article 44).

The AGM is intended to be a check that we are sticking to our legal
requirements rather than going through the day to day running of the
space (issues about the day to day running would be better raised on
the discuss mailing list).

Agenda for the meeting:

 - Election of meeting chair

 - Previous AGM minutes[1]

 - Report on activities since last AGM

 - Treasurer's report

 - Election of directors

 - Any Other Competent Business

We are now accepting nominations for anyone who wishes to stand for
election as a director for the next year. Nominations can be made by
sending an email to 57north-announce at lists.57north.co stating that
you would like to stand (and some explanation of why) before the
meeting or by indicating that you want to stand when we get to that
part of the meeting. Please send it as soon as possible.

The details of how the election of directors will be conducted will be
up to whoever is elected to chair the meeting (Articles 48, 51 and 52)
but will probably be something along the lines of: if we have less
than 5 candidates more nominations will be sought until we get to 5 or
more candidates.  If we have exactly 5 candidates at the AGM then they
will become the new board. If we have more than 5 candidates then
we'll have an election to decide who gets to be a director -
previously [2] we've done this with via opavote.org.

If any member can't make the virtual meeting there are a couple of
things they can do to participate should they wish to.

Any issues you'd like to have raised at the meeting can be sent to
57north-discuss at lists.57north.co or privately to any of the
directors
or to the directors collectively at 57north-ctte-private at
lists.57north.co (please make it clear you are
sending something you want raised at the AGM) and we will see that it
is brought up.

A proxy can be appointed to vote on your behalf at the meeting (see
Articles 47, 53 and 54). If you would like to appoint a proxy please
send an email to 57north-ctte-private at lists.57north.co

Email sent to the 57north-ctte-private address is redirected to all
presently listed directors and is not archived by 57North Hacklab (but
may be by the individual directors).

The email (preferably PGP signed, with a key trusted by the directors
to be yours) should contain:

 - Your name and address (as it appears in the register of members
hosted on hackhub)

 - Who you would like to appoint as a proxy

 - That this is for the AGM on 4th May 2021

 - If you have any specifications for how the proxy is to act on your
   behalf.

The proxy should bring the same details to the meeting on paper and
signed by the member they are to act as a proxy for.

[0] https://lists.57north.co/pipermail/57north-announce/
[1] https://github.com/hackerdeen/meetings/blob/master/2020/20-05-04.AGM.minutes.md
[2] https://57north.org.uk/elections/2014/

57North Hacklab Ltd. is a company registered in Scotland (No. SC470230).
57North and 57North Hacklab are trading names of 57North Hacklab Ltd.

Nordin (on behalf of the board)