[57north-ctte] Board Meeting - 13th July 2014

Iain R. Learmonth irl at fsfe.org
Mon Jul 14 08:32:16 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 08:45:39AM +0100, Noodle wrote:
> First of all, I thought it had already been agreed that as treasurer Ed
> should get access to the online banking. I don't see how a board meeting
> was required. The articles state that Directors should act in the interest
> of the Hacklab and are responsible for it's finances. I would argue that
> this more than allows us to apply for online banking.

It's a requirement of RBS, not of our articles, that we had this board
meeting.

> I also have the view that as the person to collect membership from members
> I should have been included in the application for online banking. By not
> involving myself in this application I feel that the directors present have
> shown a lack of forethought.

This is a good point. I'm sure it is possible to add you to the list of
authorised users later on though. It was important to just get it set up
initially.

> I hope that this will be discussed further.

As stated in the ammended note, we could defer the submission of the forms
until after Friday if there are strong objections. This would delay the
application process. Otherwise, I'd be happy to agree that you are added to
the list of authorised users, and I'm almost certain there would be no
objection from the other directors, at the earliest oppertunity.

For now, I could send you exports from the online banking once I have access
in order to do the membership things.

Iain.

--
e: irl at fsfe.org            w: iain.learmonth.me