[57north-ctte] Fwd: Just a quick one.

Tony Shannon tony.nottingham at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 09:08:08 UTC 2014

Disagree strongly with that Iain, both regarding classifying loaned
kit a "ours" or discouraging loans in general.

We have a choice whether to accept a loan & I believe in this case it
would've been better to say "thanks but no thanks", without changing
space policy on loans full stop & upsetting someone who's trying to
help & has been veritably loaning other kit.

For example if discussed bringing a dremel & pillar drill to the space
on long term loan.

There is *no* way I'd do that if it'd be considered space property.

I know what you're trying to avoid & happy to discuss (in fact i think
we all *need* to discuss...) but I think this is like using a
thermonuclear warhead to crack a nut ;)

Regards
Tony