[57north-ctte] [noreply at tech-hosts.co.uk: Upcoming Domain Renewal Notice]

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Fri Aug 14 17:06:23 BST 2015

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015, at 01:04, Iain R. Learmonth wrote:
>    The domain(s) listed below are going to expire in 60 days. Renew now
>    before it's too late...
>
>    hackerdeen.org - 13/10/2015 (60 Days)

I'd say we should renew this - it is still used for hackhub, that should
change Real Soon Now (maybe even within (a small number of) weeks) as
with the move to finzean I'm planning to put it on a subdomain of
57north.org.uk, but I'd want to keep hackerdeen.org around for a while
to do redirects for anyone coming from bookmarks/history/old links etc.

Iain, what is the cost of renewing it where it is?

We have been talking for a while about moving the domains to an account
controlled by the space rather than Iain's private one. I usually use
gandi.net for domains and have had a bit of a poke at their system, they
can transfer 57north.org.uk and hackerdeen.org to them for £8.66 +VAT (1
year renewal on hackerdeen.org, 57north.org.uk staying at current
duration). 57north.co is coming up as unable to transfer - transfer
disabled at current registrar?

Robert McWilliam      rmcw at allmail.net    www.ormiret.com

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.