[57north-ctte] AGM

Edward Watson mail at edwardwatson.co.uk
Fri Mar 20 11:27:32 GMT 2015

On 20 March 2015 at 10:38, Robert McWilliam <rmcw at allmail.net> wrote:
> We're supposed to have an AGM in April.
> The announcement needs to go out a bit over 2 weeks before the actual
> meeting (14 clear days) - I make it that an announcement now would
> have to be for the 5th or later and meeting on 30th would have to be
> announced on or before 14th. Any preferences for when we have it?

Mid-month Thursdays work best for me and seem good days for others
generally. so maybe 16th or 23rd? Suggest we avoid Tues just incase we
get a large attendance + visitors. Mid/end Sats are (my) next
preference, so 18th or 25th?

I cannot do 30th as am moving house.

> Normal business for an AGM is
>  - Report on what's happened since the last AGM from chair.
>  - Treasurer goes through accounts and they get adopted.
>  - Election of directors.

Other than the standard 'Election of Meeting Chair' and 'AOCB'? no.

> For the Election of directors: I'd suggest that we open nominations
> with the AGM announcement. Then if we only have 5 volunteers come the
> AGM they get to be directors, if there are more than that we kick off
> an election in opavote.

I would be happy with this.

Cheers,
Ed