[57north-ctte] Fwd: RE: [57north-discuss] TechFest 2016

Hibberd, Dave d at vehibberd.com
Thu Jan 14 14:42:52 GMT 2016

So, anyone else up for doing something on the weekend on this?

My thought is either procuring some soldering kits to resell (space
flags, tv-be-gone, simple circuits) or doing something computer based -
write a game in Scratch on a raspi 0. Maybe an hour's 3d printing crash
course with Uncle Ed, that kind of thing. Ideas?

There might be a little bit of money in it for us, or if not it's still
probably good for my Chartered Engineering stuff, as I'm a selfish
bastard and all that.

I might put a talk forward too, but I'd have to do some thinking on
what. Probably something about never stopping learning, and why it's
important in a modern technical workplace or some other. Maybe I'll just
do ballooning again, as people seemed to like that one!

I'm a little skittish about the insurance requirement, though - That's
the only bit I'll really need to research and work out more on.

Hx

-----------------------------------

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! Perfect, I'll keep in touch.

If you do decide to attend the Activity Weekend (3rd - 4th September) we
will need before 22nd January:

*Workshop name and text for the programme, (you can keep it fairly vague
and just give an outline of what the workshop is about).

*Age range for the workshop would be helpful

We will need the following from you by mid-May, but I'll drop you a
reminder email about it nearer the time.

*Technical Requirements: to let TechFest know of any requirements needed
by the presenter to facilitate their workshop.( tables, chairs, power
etc.)

*Insurance: to provide the details of our Public Liability Insurance
with minimum £5 million cover (Please supply your Insurance number or a
copy of your proof of insurance)
.
*Risk Assessment: to provide a detailed risk assessment and to ensure
all workshops & activities are conducted in a safe and orderly manner,
to ensure the safety and wellbeing of patrons at all times.

The following will also need to be in place by September:

*PAT Testing: to ensure that all electrical equipment bears PAT
certification.

*Damage: to provide adequate protection for floors / walls etc at the
venue and to accept responsibility for any damage to the site caused by
my/our workshop.

*Cancellation: to provide at least 30 days written notice of
cancellation or change to workshop / activity content

If you decide to take part in the Public Programme (5th September - 18th
September):

Could you please provide me with an event title and an event
description/blurb that is 75 words or shorter to add to the programme. A
hi resolution logo, a picture to go alongside the text and an
approximate length of time the workshop/talk will last. That would be
fantastic, thank you.

Hope this clarifies things, if you need any further info please get in
touch.

Kind regards
Hannah