[57north-ctte] Serious treasurer email

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Thu Oct 13 16:00:57 BST 2016

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 07:25:59PM +0100, Edward William Watson wrote:
> Hi all - hope you don't have a horrid cold. Come visit for tea if
> you want one.
>
> I have the accountant lined up to receive the books from our last
>AGM. It will cost £713 (approx) but that includes him setting us to
>mutual trading status (one-off £100), and the tax refund (£180) from
>last year. Kev became a director after the 15/16 books ended so they
>don't appear to need his IDs for checking (so far). I might as well
>get director approval for this now if people are up for it.
>
> Our current bank balance is £898 with a little incoming predicted
>before Nov1st (+£60, £958 Bal). Rent comes out on Nov 2nd (-£305,
>£683 Bal) so if it was not for the next month monies flooding in from
>the Nov start, we'd be in deficit if the bill comes in early. With
>another electric bill looming in Dec/Jan (£130ish), things will be
>tight.
>
> O/c this is a worse-case. The invoice has 30days and that £180 tax
>return will help, but re the latter - I am not counting on that being
>delivered back soon.
>
> In summary, we may need some fundraising.
>

> Cheers,
> Ed

I think we should get the accountant to do the books this year since
we don't have a lot of time left to figure out alternatives.

If they're right this year we can maybe use that as template to submit
them ourselves next year (and maybe even be organised and stuff and do
them a while before the deadline...).

Robert McWilliam     rmcw at allmail.net    www.ormiret.com

Is a turtle without a shell homeless or naked?