[57north-ctte] Cleaning up membership

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Sun Feb 26 22:34:39 GMT 2017

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017, at 23:25, Robert McWilliam wrote:
> I think I've now spoken to you all and confirmed that 19:30 16th March
> works so we will be having a board meeting then.
>
> I'll clean up the list of people who might be dismembered and look to
> send reminder emails to them this week. I'm aiming to be organised
> enough that you get a draft of that to critique before I send it but I
> wouldn't want to bet on that actually happening.

Draft reminder email below.

I'm still undecided on whether or not to include the paragraph on not
necessarily needing to pay all back dues. What do you think? Maybe
replace the vagueness with a definite policy of 2 (or some other n)
months dues is enough to get back in "good standing"? It would be nice
if everyone (or I suppose anyone) filled in back dues, but I think
maximise the chances of getting anyone to come back is a better plan
that chasing that.

Hello from 57North Hacklab,

Our records don't show any payments from you since {{ last_payment }}.
That is long enough ago that you're on the list of people who can have
their membership terminated by the board. We're planning to be going
through that list at a board meeting 19:30 Thursday 16th March 2017.

We don't like terminating memberships so we haven't since September
2014, this has led to the member list having people on it that we know
have moved away, and others that we haven't seen for quite a while. It
really is time we cleaned this up.

If you don't want to keep up your membership please let us know at
57north-ctte-private at lists.57north.co

If you do want to continue being a member: please pay. Our preferred
mechanism to receive money is via bank transfer (details in hub, or
below) or you can give cash to a director. If you won't be able to do
that before the 16th, but do intend to be back in the near future: get
in touch (57north-ctte-private at lists.57north.co), we can possibly be a
bit more flexible.

If you're a bit behind we don't necessarily expect you to pay all of the
back dues to avoid having your membership terminated. Get in touch
(57north-ctte-private at lists.57north.co, or speak to a director) and we
can probably work something out.

Thanks,
The 57North Hacklab Ltd. board of directors.

Bank transfer details:
Account name            57North Hacklab Ltd.
Account number          11 088 091
Sort code               83-15-31
Payment reference       {{ username }}
Payment                 £20.00 monthly on/soon after the 1st of every
month

57North Hacklab Ltd. is a company registered in Scotland (No. SC470230).
57North and 57North Hacklab are trading names of 57North Hacklab Ltd.
--
Robert McWilliam      rmcw at allmail.net    www.ormiret.com

Apparently, three out of four people make up 75% of the population.