[57north-ctte] Approval for refund of monies paid for takeover event

Iain R. Learmonth irl at fsfe.org
Wed Jul 10 15:07:36 BST 2019

Hi,

On 10/07/2019 14:48, Hibby wrote:
> As an insight as to the background for this request.
>
> The initial understanding was that Ed and I would be reimbursed directly by the science centre from their budget for the day.
>
> What actually happened is they cut 57n a cheque for the full value of the day and this is a subset of that...

Ok, so the communication between 57N and the science center could have
been better.

If the other directors wanted to be a pain (which I think is unlikely,
but it's possible) they could refuse to authorise this. We shouldn't be
in a situation where money has already been spent without ensuring that
it's going to be reimbursed.

Thanks,
Iain.