[57north-ctte] Suggested AGM date and draft AGM announce email

Iain R. Learmonth irl at fsfe.org
Wed Mar 13 21:33:49 GMT 2019

Hi Ed,

On 13/03/2019 21:29, Edward Watson wrote:
> Tuesday was picked as AGM day as it a date most already have in their
> calender. As we now have two and a half rooms, it seemed like a good idea.

Just something to think about. We shouldn't automatically canibalise
open nights every time we want to run special events just because people
will be there anyway because, well, people would be there anyway, and
it's not really driving engagement up just shifting it around.

It might be interesting to even use it as an experiment. If loads of
people are free every wednesday or monday or whatever, let's work out if
there's enough people that they maybe want to start an event that brings
in a new crowd.

As you say, we have two and a half rooms now and we are only really
using the space for 5 hours a week.

> Having said that, I have just checked and I see there is a performance
> taking place that eve from 7pm in the ajoining music venue, so that
> would be a good reason to either bump it to another date or another venue.

Heh. Oops.

> The Thursday (25th) is a cryptonoise night - am I correct? It is the
> last Thurs of the month.

Yes. I'm hoping that we have a speaker traveling up for that event,
still working out details.

Thanks,
Iain.