[57north-ctte] Suggested AGM date and draft AGM announce email

Hibby d at vehibberd.com
Thu Mar 14 09:20:05 GMT 2019

On the point of the other nights thing, You're right. At the moment we are working more as a social club who meets on a tuesday that people pay to be in than a general community ownedlab.

We did have the weekly AE monday session for quieter project work which I ran, but I stopped as I a) don't have the time and effort to run something weekly and b) it ended up being either me or me and derecho, and it's a bit disheartening when it's just you week-in week-out, but I'm happy to send out a weekly / fortnightly email advertising a quiet projects night along the same lines.

Carl used to quite regularly run Hackerday Saturday and Themed Thursday too.

People have in general fallen out of the habit of emailing if they're coming in, we probably need to stimulate that a little, but perhaps not by preaching to -discuss as there's quite a lot of noise on that currently.

Perhaps your suggested approach is right irl, we could run a quick strawpoll for an alternative, project driven night, or see if there's any nights that we want to run as a group on a regular basis. Maybe a different event every thursday of the month - Cryptonoise, harware hackers, music boxes and air quality monitoring group, for example.

The issue then is finding people to run the nights in our small, already somewhat stretched pool of organisers...

Hx