[57north-discuss] Linux MicroPC / SBC thoughts?

Andy Gaskell ag at ssofb.co.uk
Sun Aug 24 15:43:30 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone

I'm just starting a new project, updating a linux kiosk platform I did for
a punter a few years ago.  Last time they used an Atom SBC, but in this new
rev we're going to go for a ARM SBC.  This is the third version really, we
used a AMD Geode the first time round.

Soooo....has anyone used either of these before?

   - NanoPC-T1 - http://nanopc.org/NanoPC-T1_Feature.html
   - ODROID-U3 -
   http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G138745696275

...any pointers, thoughts or other suggestions?

I'd use a Pi, but it needs a bit more Oomph than that as it runs animations
and other multimedia.
The system will run a LAMP based customer service system.  The screen is a
10" touchscreen and the chassis is a custom machined steel thing.  It
mostly sits in shops next to the till or service desk.  Always gets a
smile, but the main target audience it Nigerian banks.

There is a small rendering of the system at
http://www.ssofb.co.uk/services/other-services/15-embedded-linux-devices .

Any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Will be pop in Tuesday week I think, can't make it this week, deadline
madness and moving house :(

Cheers

Andy

--
Andy Gaskell
Head Developer
Email: ag at ssofb.co.uk
Web: www.ssofb.co.uk
Mobile: 07745 924 449
Office: 01224 637584
Skype: andy_at_ssofb
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/agaskell
Office: 58 Mid Stocket Road, Aberdeen, AB15 5JB.
Limited company: SC347800