[57north-discuss] Linux MicroPC / SBC thoughts?

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Mon Aug 25 00:27:57 UTC 2014

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014, at 04:43 PM, Andy Gaskell wrote:

Soooo....has anyone used either of these before?
  * NanoPC-T1 - [1]http://nanopc.org/NanoPC-T1_Feature.html
  * ODROID-U3 -
    [2]http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_
    code=G138745696275

I've got one of those ODROIDs. I haven't actually done much
with it but was quite impressed with the little playing I did
do. It easily outperforms doorbot (Atom 330 @ 1.6GHz) and it
running Ubuntu gives easy access to other software.

I can take it into the space if you want to have a play to see
if it'll meet your needs before ordering one (though I did
already tell Tom he could have it to play with for a while so
you might have to fight him for it (or act like grownups and
calmly discuss sharing access - but where's the fun in that?)).

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net www.ormiret.com

Disclaimer: Opinions cited by me are not necessarily my
opinions.
Facts cited by me are not necessarily facts.