[57North] 42U Server Rack

Tony Travis tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk
Wed Jan 22 12:13:44 UTC 2014

On 22/01/14 02:14, Calum Enterobsidian wrote:
> Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> We have been discussing the rack and it's contents recently, and have
> come to the conclusion that a larger rack would be more flexible and fit
> our needs better. If anyone knows of any 42U or similar rack (preferably
> with a door, but not essential) then we would like to hear from you!
>
> A bit of a long shot, but thought I would ask before buying one and
> transporting it.

Hi, Enterobsidian.

I think I can lay my hands on a 25U full-depth rack (i.e. it would take
50U of 'short' server cases, as used in the "Rackable Systems" servers I
will donate, by populating the rack front and back: It has open sides,
but has front and back doors with metal grilles. Might need a bit of
metalwork to support 2 at 25U server stacks, but there is a movable
vertical rear support (set for full-depth 19" racks just now).

Let me know if you want me to enquire about us getting the 25U rack?

Registered Office: 15 Highfield Avenue, Banchory, AB31 4FB Scotland (UK)
tel. +44(0)1330 824292                    http://minke-informatics.co.uk
mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk