[57north-discuss] [57north-announce] Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday.

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Tue Dec 8 10:40:47 GMT 2015

On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 09:50:58AM +0000, Doc Ocassi wrote:
> Please Everyone drop by if you can and, bring a friend if you can, Tell
> us what you will be doing if you can, and be happy if you can.

I'll be along. I think I'll be playing with Pi0's to see if I can come
up with an actual use for them.

> Also, does anyone something to transfer MiniDV to digital I don't have
> the tapes yet but the person I am getting them from says they are in HP
> format, though I have not managed to find out what that is. Any help
> would be much appreciated

The pedantic bastard in me insists that I point out miniDV is already
digital, so no transfer needed to achieve that :)

I've got an old miniDV camera, and if I can find all the cables can
hook it up to a computer to capture from tapes. It is standard def 4:3
though so might not be compatible (if it was shot on a camera from
this century).

There are services to grab stuff from tape that might be less hassle
than trying to find a compatible camera/player,
e.g. http://www.videos-dvd.co.uk/Transfer-Copy/MiniDV_Video.html
A quick google found plenty of others.

Robert McWilliam     rmcw at allmail.net    www.ormiret.com

I'm out of my mind right now, but feel free to leave a message.....