[57north-discuss] [57north-announce] Tuesday the what.

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Tue Oct 13 11:37:04 BST 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015, at 10:34, Doc Ocassi wrote:
> It is Tuesday, and our Open Day, I'll be there, probably early, and
> working on doorbot again, not sure what other will be doing, lots of
> doing, maybe some talking.
>
> Inform us and spread the Love.

I should be along.

The Red Pitaya folks have a demo of using it for reflectometry to
measure the length of cables (or what percent of c you're sending
signals down cables of known length). I'd like to have a bit of a play
with that.
http://redpitaya.com/cable-length-measurements-reflectometry/

Does anyone have a selection of BNC [1] connectors/cables I could borrow
to hook up some stuff to test? Would want a T connector, two short
lengths of cable to go to the input and output on the red pitaya and
something to connect the other bit of the T to cables (a terminal block
thing like they use to connect to the UTP in the demo would be ideal).

Robert

[1] I think it's BNC I'm after: whatever is the "standard" connector for
oscilloscope probes. Alternatively, I think it's SMA connectors that are
actually on the Red Pitaya (I have adaptors to get from that to (what
I'm calling) BNC) so something to go direct to the SMA would also work.

--
Robert McWilliam      rmcw at allmail.net    www.ormiret.com

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.