[57north-discuss] Member intro

Frank Davidson frank at imaris.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 28 18:36:48 BST 2016

It said somewhere new members have to e-mail a bio to the discussion forum..
1. Your Name (nick):
Frank E Davidson (Frank E or Frank 303)

2. Your Background
Professional engineer reluctantly back in Aberdeen after long periods as a
commercial itinerant in Darmstadt, Bruxelles, Noordwijk, London,
Basingstoke, Redditch, Ipswich, Newport. I worked in the space and european
civil sector back on the continent and in the telco sector in the UK which
was largely for European projects).

3. Your Hacklab-related Interests
Initially repair a few things from my crates of b0rked stuff (some T&M, some
wireless stuff and some  personal items). Get up to speed on manual skills
such as SMD rework.
Test, measurement & metrology, RF, cleantech, astro stuff. I'd like to
experiment on Spacewire if I happen to come into a large fortune to buy a
dev kit. Audio. Optics.

4. What knowledge can you bring hacklab community?
I have a broad knowledge of naff all, a deep understanding of nothing. I am
but an empty vessel.
Some well-out-of-date electronics knowledge.

5. What do you wish to learn from the hacklab community?
I couldn't code my way out of a wet paper bag. I'm looking forward to
feeding off others' enthusiasm and drawing on the
knowledge of others

6. Link to photo (not essential but useful)
The last photo I had taken was for my passport, the one before that I recall
was for the previous passport.