[57north-discuss] Member application Intro

Frank Davidson frank at imaris.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 28 18:36:48 BST 2016

It said somewhere new members have to e-mail a bio to the discussion forum..
1. Your Name (nick):
Frank E Davidson (Frank E or Frank 303)

2. Your Background
Professional engineer reluctantly back in Aberdeen after a long periods as a
commercial itinerant in Darmstadt, Bruxelles, Noordwijk, London,
Basingstoke, Redditch, Ipswich, Newport. I worked in the space and european
civil sector back on the continent and in the telco sector in the UK which
was largely for European projects).

3. Your Hacklab-related Interests
Initially repair a few things from my crates of b0rked stuff (some T&M, some
wireless stuff and some  personal items). Get up to speed on manual skills
such as SMD rework.
Test, measurement & metrology, RF, cleantech, astro stuff. I'd like to
experiment on Spacewire if I happen to come into a large fortune to buy a
dev kit. Audio. Optics.

4. What knowledge can you bring hacklab community?
I have a broad knowledge of naff all, a deep understanding of nothing. I am
but an empty vessel.
Some well-out-of-date electronics knowledge.

5. What do you wish to learn from the hacklab community?
I couldn't code my way out of a wet paper bag. I'm looking forward to
feeding off (but not vampirising) others' enthusiasm and drawing on the
knowledge of others

6. Link to photo (not essential but useful)
The last photo I had taken was for my passport, the one before that I recall
was for the previous passport.