[57north-discuss] Events

Doc Ocassi dococassi at boukom.com
Mon Mar 21 20:07:39 GMT 2016

Hello Everyone.

I am involved with a couple of societies at the university and I am
going to be doing two talks in the coming week

With the computing science society on,
This is an adaption on a talk I did at the RIC conference in Edinburgh a
month ago:

*Communicaiton Security*
Saturday the 26th, 14.00, MacRobert building, Kings, Aberdeen University.
Exploring the current knowledge in communication security, and
considerations when selecting communication technology.
https://www.ausa.org.uk/societies/aucss/214917/

For this one, if anyone is familiar with conversations/signal/tor,
please come along, I was going to try have have a little workshop at the
end, nd it would be nice if I could have some help showing people how to
set stuff up.

Through APEG the Political Economy group I am doing a talk

*Technology vs Capitalism*
Wednesday 23rd, 16.00, Frazer Noble room FN115, Kings, Aberdeen University.
Let's have a look at the relationship of Technology and Capitalism. To
do this we need to have some understanding of the nature of them and how
they interact. In the age of information has there been a shift in how
capitalism treats technology.Through this shift we need to adapt how we
prevent capitalism's predisposition to inequality.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1232108736818252/

There is also one about Tibet happening on the 29th, organised by the
Universities APEG Society.

https://www.facebook.com/events/768028110019346/

Enjoy People

And there is an open day tomorrow.

--
Doc Ocassi
Email: dococassi at boukom.com
GPG Fingerprint: 4A71 BB35 A6D1 6F85 9DF8  4CD2 E58E 4715 6153 AAA8

 - Clarke's 3rd Law.