[57north-discuss] [57north-announce] Open Tuesday: Leader of the Free World Election Special

Tony Travis tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 12:23:54 GMT 2016

On 08/11/16 10:36, Hibby wrote:
> Morning Hackers!
>
> As our American Overlords take to the polls, we shall continue to do
> what we do best... Hack and be merry. Come on down to 57North tonight
> for our weekly open night - we shall likely have lively and spirited
> discussion about current affairs, past affairs, why affairs are
> considered immoral by society and probably some software related
> nonsense too.
>
> I'll be working on my space-status update push button project and,
> more likely than not, talking utter nonsense about nothing in
> particular at no one that cares.
>
> What will you be working on tonight?

Hi, Hibby.

I'll be working on excuses for not yet starting a project to re-box my
Parallellas... However, I have bought a mini-ITX motherboard to use as
an NFS host with SATA interfaces instead of the Bananna Pi that I've
been dithering about buying for months now!

[project]
Use the 2U microATX server case I bought to accommodate a mini-ITX host
plus the bits and pieces needed to run a four-node Parallella cluster.

So far, I've installed and tested the mini-ITX board. I've also been
working out how to fit all the other bits in :-)

Bye,

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk