[57north-discuss] [57north-announce] 2017-04-11 Open Tuesday

Frank E. Davidson frank.davidson at imaris.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 11 15:02:29 BST 2017

I think I'll be along. I upgraded the Ubuntu chroot on my Chromebook on Sunday from Trusty to Xenial. Perhaps my eyes were bigger than the HD partitions the script sets up when I was specifying the targets, as one is almost chock full. This may be the cause of some apps not launching from the GUI but I'll investigate other possible causes.

If I have any time, motivation or focus left, I'll be playing with the Arduino IDE and bits on loan from Ormiret and Sean.
I've been banging my head on the wall trying to get my Linux machine to see the Windows share on my Win 10 desktop. I didn't realise Microsoft had assigned me a Domain which I had to sign in with. I'll be looking for a laptop music player which can
1 play music from my Win10 share without copying audio files to my eMMC
2 serve up music from my Win 10 machine to my streamer renderer
3 serve up music including internet-streamed music from my Ubuntu  machine to my streamer renderer
4 play music in the system in the space.

Frank