[57north-discuss] [57north-announce] Open Day @ 57N, 14/02/17

tj tj at enoti.me
Tue Feb 14 10:30:48 GMT 2017

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 09:56:13AM +0000, Dave Hibberd wrote:
> Today is open Tuesday at 57N and all are invited to come along after
> 7pm!
>
> For those of you not in the know, Tuesday evenings are open to anyone
> who wishes to come to 57North, Aberdeen's hackerspace! We get up to a
> range of activities on Tuesday nights, including but not limited to
> social contact, programming, manufacturing weird things and consuming
> sugary treats.
> We usually begin at about 7, but sometimes someone will be in earlier.
> If you're unsure, ask in IRC!
>
> If you're new, I'd suggest you bring a laptop, and perhaps a project you
> want to work on.
>
> If you're coming in, feel free to reply and tell us all what you're
> planning to do.

I won't be in, I am sorry :(

TechMeetup is tomorrow and it will be awesome:

via Bruce:

    Come join us on Wednesday, 15 February at 18:30 in foyer at the
    north end of the Meston Building. We’ll hear Mark Marooth talk about
    his experiments in setting up small linux devices to help out at
    home.

    Mark will discuss what he's been up to and bring along 4-5 real
    examples for folks to see and perhaps run.

    I will talk about the history, challenges, failures and successes
    and show a couple of devices that I run at home including what I
    believe to be one of the smallest fully functional Linux devices
    around including Wi-Fi.

    https://www.facebook.com/events/1792687437719947/

    As always, come for the talks and stay for the conversations.

    And also, a big thanks to our sponsors who make TechMeetup possible
    with their amazing financial support:

    Cultivate (http://www.cultivatehq.com/), Informatics Ventures
    (http://www.informatics-ventures.com/ ), SkyScanner
    (http://www.skyscanner.net/) and small donations from community
    members.

    Thank you all. We look forward to seeing you there.