[57north-discuss] RFID/NFC door access

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Thu May 11 11:10:46 BST 2017

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 06:58:54AM +0100, tj wrote:
> Could I use a phone with nfc?

I think so. I guess phones must be capable of pretending to be a
tag/card rather than initiator (those terms are probably not the right
ones...) for the pretending to be a payment card stuff.

> If technically possible, how on earth would I go about this(software)?

*shrug* doorbot is just reading the identifier from any card it sees,
so something to make your phone behave like a card.

From a quick look this looks like the right kind of thing:
https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/connectivity/nfc/hce.html

For non-android phones you'll have to do your own googling.

Robert McWilliam     rmcw at allmail.net    www.ormiret.com

My reality check bounced.