[57north-discuss] Mozilla's Global Sprint at Aberdeen

Mancini, Francesca r03fm14 at abdn.ac.uk
Tue May 30 09:49:48 BST 2017

Hi,

My name is Francesca and I am a PhD student at the University of Aberdeen. I saw your stall at the May Festival on Sunday and I thought you might be interested in an event I am organising on Thursday and Friday 1st and 2nd of June (I know it's very short notice, sorry).

We are hosting a site for Mozilla's Global Sprint, a two-day community event bringing people from around the world together to hack for the open web and open science. We will collaborate on open projects, such as developing open source software, building open tools, writing curriculum, planning events, and more. You can join in and participate. We're looking for coders, designers, artists, writers, educators, students- anyone who's passionate about the open web and open science.

There is an amazing list of projects<https://mozilla.github.io/global-sprint/projects/>, but you can participate with your own (more info here<https://mozilla.github.io/global-sprint/project-lead/>).  In Aberdeen we will meet on the 1st and 2nd of June from 9 am to 5 pm in Room 250, Mac Robert Building<https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/MacRobert+Building/@57.166163,-2.1005384,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x48840e0ef068c1ad:0x797d99d31b672f52!8m2!3d57.1661601!4d-2.0983497>. All you need to do is register for the event at this link<https://ti.to/Mozilla/global-sprint-aberdeen> and bring your laptop. The event is free and we will provide coffee and cake!

All skill levels are welcome and you don't have to commit to being at the entire Sprint- drop in for two hours or two days, whatever works for you! If you are not sure how you can contribute or have any questions, just email me at r03fm14 at abdn.ac.uk<mailto:r03fm14 at abdn.ac.uk>.

Hope to see you there!

Francesca

Francesca Mancini
PhD student
Room 418
Zoology Building
University of Aberdeen
Tillydrone Avenue
Aberdeen
AB24 2TZ, UK

Phone: (0)1224 274106
Twitter: @Frances_Mancini
Website: https://francescamancini.github.io/
Aberdeen Study Group: https://aberdeenstudygroup.github.io/studyGroup/

Tha Oilthigh Obar Dheathain na charthannas cl?raichte ann an Alba, ?ir. SC013683.