[57north-discuss] [57north-announce] Space Status, to members and others, Important.

Andy Gaskell ag at ssofb.co.uk
Thu Jul 11 20:22:57 BST 2019

Hiya

I couldn't make it on Tuesday, but it sounds like there were some useful
discussions about this.

We have a wiki page related to this at...
https://wiki.57north.org.uk/index.php/Possible_Future_Space
...which may be a good place to collate ideas and information about
alternate locations.  There are a few ideas there already, of varying
suitability.  My view of it was that the wiki page could be, at the very
least, a useful place to capture a view of the relevant property landscape.

Cheers

Andy

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 at 16:52, Midder <midder at protodox.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone.
>
> Some of you may be aware of the building we are currently in being
> available for all enquiries, this is due to, as far as we know, the
> property having been sold. There is also a rent increase which cannot be
> met by our current membership and membership rate, It appears the landlord
> has an interest in the building being empty, either way, it may not be
> viable to stay.
>
> The gaming cafe concern who we sublet from, soon to be called Reset
> Aberdeen, was also sold and they seem to be interested in moving.
>
> This has been discussed by some of the membership, at the Openday and at
> other times. So what does this mean, and why should you be interested?
>
> It means we are looking for a new location, so we would like to hear from
> anyone who knows of a suitable location which we could use, if the property
> is too big for us we can also approach the gaming cafe, and potentially
> fill a space which we could both share.
>
> This will be a developing situation and we may not have a lot of time to
> arrange this, we have a rolling agreement till the end of September, by
> which time we should ideally have found a suitable location.
>
> Any questions you may have, we will endeavour to answer, respond to the
> discuss list, so anyone can see our discussion, or come in on a Tuesday.
>
> We have moved before and we can do it again, so this could be an
> opportunity, to find an even better location for our community.
>
> Mull this over while you enjoy the fine weather we are having.
>
> Midder.
>
> 57North Hacklab Ltd. is a company registered in Scotland (No. SC470230).
> 57North and 57North Hacklab are trading names of 57North Hacklab Ltd.

Andy Gaskell
Head Developer
Software Systems: Open For Business
Email: ag at ssofb.co.uk
Web: http://www.ssofb.co.uk
Mobile: 07745 924 449
Office: 01224 312857
Skype: andy_at_ssofb
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/agaskell
Office: 40 Raeden Park Road, Aberdeen, AB15 5LQ.
Limited company: SC347800