[57north-discuss] Large Item Removal Warnings

Edward Watson mail at edwilldesign.com
Tue Mar 5 12:58:04 GMT 2019

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019, 12:33 Iain R. Learmonth, <irl at fsfe.org> wrote

> On 05/03/2019 12:07, Edward Watson wrote:
> > I vote that perhaps we kickstart a group tidy/sort this eve as per my
>
> There's no vote here. If you would like to kickstart a group tidy/sort
> this evening then just do it, as I did with hoovering and trash removal
> at the weekend. I will help you.

Ah sure - a 'vote with your feet' thing then maybe. Doing it when others
have assembled provides quick spare opinions which is a plus.

This will be a change for some people, and people resist change. This is
> just human nature. It is going to upset people. It is a good thing for
> the space though, a clean and tidy space will encourage projects.
> Hopefully, a clean and tidy space will also encourage tidying away after
> yourself and keeping the space clean and tidy.

Possibly so but all the more reason it should be done with a tact that a
majority will not find overbearing.

> Speaking as a member, I want a space that encourages projects,
> > especially infrastructure/facility projects. This inevitably means some
> > large projects will 'live out' until done/installed but sure we can all
> > get better at leaving desk spaces clear for others.
>
> Speaking as a member, I too want a space that encourages projects. If
> there are infrastructure/facility projects then by definition these are
> for the benefit of all members of the space. Why not tell the members
> about these projects?

Wiki works well here and I for one want to use the projects bit more for my
stuff. The wiki project area was fixed a while back but maybe people dont
know this.

Cheers,
Nordin