[57north-discuss] Live Video Streaming Project

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Thu Mar 21 15:39:35 GMT 2019

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019, at 11:02, Hibby wrote:
> I wonder what cameras I can use - cheap 1080p PTZ surveillance ones
> from ebay? More expensive brand name ones?

Phones tend to have quite good cameras these days. I had a bit of a play with using mine with "IP webcam" app feeding into OBS and that seems to work fine.  I expect you could rustle up a few phones from the people involved? Or there are a load of android phones on eBay from under £30 (but they might be terrible... I'm tempted to get one to find out).

If it lines up that I'm free when you're trying streaming I'd be keen to come along with a "real" camera to add to the mix of inputs and help with figuring out the rest of the tech.