[57north-discuss] Events in the coming week.

Midder midder at protodox.com
Mon May 13 22:47:51 BST 2019

Hello Everyone,

I thought I'd push a couple of events coming in the next week which some people may be interested in:

Thursday, 16 May 2019 from 19:00-21:00 UTC+01 at the Aberdeen Social centre
A Dundonian in the YPG - talk by Callum Ross
Callum left Scotland in 2016 to fight with the Kurds against ISIS - like an earlier generation of Dundonians left to fight against Franco. As well as taking part in the liberation of Raqqa, he helped with the running of the new democratic structures. His experiences range from crazy to inspirational.
https://www.facebook.com/events/2266765223588095/

Friday, 17 May 2019 from 20:00-23:30 UTC+01
Iron Broo Fundraising ceilidh (CND)
BYOB & Friends!
Join Iron Broo in one of Aberdeen’s most intimate venues, the St.Margaret’s Hall on the Gallowgate, for a fantastic evening of ceilidh and merriment!
St. Margaret’s hall is an excellent spot for a traditional village-style ceilidh with a great atmosphere. There’s no public bar available but you can bring your own refreshments and snacks, including alcoholic drinks.
Families welcome.
Doors open from 7.30.
Ceilidh from 8 p.m. till 11.30 p.m.

Midder