[57north-discuss] wiki.57north.org.uk Migration

Iain R. Learmonth irl at fsfe.org
Fri Apr 10 12:13:21 BST 2020

Hi,

On 10/04/2020 11:18, Robert McWilliam wrote:
> Why is the new wiki being set up on another random server rather than one of the the space ones?

Because I do not have access to one of the space ones, and given the
personal data contained on those servers it would be inappropriate for
me to have that access. That's bad information hygiene.

> Since dokuwiki is a lot easier to move around than mediawiki it looks like it shouldn't be too much hassle to move it onto garioch. I'm happy to do the install on garioch side if you can give me an archive (or can reinstate your account there Iain if you want to do it, and continue doing admin stuff for it).
> https://www.dokuwiki.org/faq:servermove

Please talk to the wiki admin team, it's up to them.

My preference though would be to stop worrying about where the wiki is
hosted and instead focus on getting the content migrated. As you say,
moving the server is easy and can be done later at any time.

Thanks,
Iain.