[57north-discuss] wiki.57north.org.uk Migration

Dave Hibberd d at vehibberd.com
Fri Apr 10 15:56:25 BST 2020

Hi all,

To nip this before it becomes a disagreement,

irl and I had previously talked about this, but I am reluctant to add more services to finzean & garioch until I/someone else has migrated them to a new platform - I'm not happy with the age of them, and I've been talking about auditing and migrating things with better documentation for some time. There is some work on this on what is now oldwiki, but I keep ending up busy before I can get any real motion on the project.

My big fear is understanding enough of the openLDAP to migrate that, and migrating the mailing lists - I suspect if we're moving them  it's worth migrating to the .org.uk address too, but I don't know enough about mailman as it stands to a) competently migrate them and b) change the addresses on them without breaking everything.

Hopefully once work starts kicking my ass this is something that can happen, until then I'm happy to have working services that are better documented and more portable.

hx

--
  Hibby
  MM3ZRZ