[57north-discuss] UV-light

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Sun Feb 2 17:41:50 GMT 2020

On Sun, 2 Feb 2020, at 11:17, Wouter Piessens wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Does anyone know if there is a portable UV-light in the Hackerspace or does anyone have one that I can borrow for a day or two?
>
> My car is loosing coolant very slowly (about 0.2liter in a week), but I can't find any visual signs of leaks in the engine compartment. Apparently coolant lights up under UV light.

I've got a bunch of UV 12V LED tape. Same stuff the clock in the space is made from. It's not very UV (a decent chunk of the output is actually visible) but does make UV reactive stuff fluoresce if close enough or sufficiently brighter than ambient.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/o9ywVbHr8MvFxnzv7

I can't find any in the space at the moment (other than the bits in the clock, which would be quite inconvenient as a portable light) but I've definitely got a few 5m rolls at home and can drop some off at the space if you want to try it.

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net argh.technology

What do you consider to be your median achievement?