[57north-discuss] [57north-announce] Open Tuesday, 11th Feb 2020

Edward Watson mail at edwardwatson.co.uk
Tue Feb 11 12:04:06 GMT 2020

On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 at 11:09, Tom Jones <tj at enoti.me> wrote:
> I have low power car battery cutoffs[1], which probably aren't what you
> want. Have you considered getting a solar panel to charge all the day?
>
> [1]: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184018258131

I think these are infact totally what I am after. I lack the ability
to selectively charge when the alternator has kicked in (>12.6 volts).

Yea I looked at some cheap panels a while ago but reasoned that living
where we live, the actual charging capacity of low-placed roof panels
is tiny once you factor in system losses, a flat plane and non-south
facing parking. I have a flat glassy roof on my van [2] that would
accommodate flexible panels nicely, if I could be convinced it's worth
the effort.

Nordin

[2] https://nordintown.com/s/QDSGnhfHEBJ5Q7K