[57north-discuss] [57north-announce] Openday 17th March, and Current situation.

Tom Jones tj at enoti.me
Tue Mar 17 10:59:31 GMT 2020

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 10:50:21AM +0000, Midder wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> As you may have seen from the previous email, we are considering the
> current coronavirus going forward therefore, we will not be having an
> openday today, If any one is interested in being there today, there
> may be people at the space but no guarantee.
>
> This will be reviewed on a weekly basis, we encourage all member and
> non-members to stay safe and consider the vulnerable around them.
>
> I'll be in the space for a short time from about 7 to work on some air
> quality stuff.
>
> Here is a Article with a lot of info about the outbreak, which may be
> of interest to people.
> https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca
>
> If you are working from home and want some virtual company, we are
> generally on IRC #57N at irc.freenode.net some of our members hang around
> on the fediverse.

I won't be in the space tonight, or probably for the next few weeks.

I would be happy to host a call so we can have some remote hackerspace
idle chatter if anyone is interested. Please send email if you want to
do this.

The radio folk are coordinating to do a daily net on vhf, but I am happy
to try a daily watercooler with people from the space on some other
audio medium.

If you shine for more than 4 consult your register warlock for advice.

- Tom