[57north-discuss] Sunsetting pad.57north.org.uk

Andy Gaskell ag at ssofb.co.uk
Mon Mar 23 10:30:12 GMT 2020

Hiya

I'd be happy to migrate the wiki to another box, if folk are generally
happy with that.

I guess I'd just need a archive of the files and a dump of the mysql db.

Cheers
Andy

On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 at 20:58, Iain R. Learmonth <irl at fsfe.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> tl;dr pad.57north.org.uk will be turned off April 15th.
>
> I am in the process of decommissioning a dedicated server that is
> showing age. Two hackerspace services remain on this server: the wiki
> and pad.
>
> While I'm not sure how much use it's getting, I know the pad is not
> being maintained because no one has logged into the host since 2018.
>
> I could attempt to extract data for you if you think that you need it,
> but I have no idea how much effort that would be. If you have pads you'd
> like to save it might be best to just copy and paste or export them
> yourself.
>
> Thanks,
> Iain.

Andy Gaskell
Head Developer
Software Systems: Open For Business
Email: ag at ssofb.co.uk
Web: http://www.ssofb.co.uk
Mobile: 07745 924 449
Office: 01224 312857
Skype: andy_at_ssofb
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/agaskell
Office: 40 Raeden Park Road, Aberdeen, AB15 5LQ.
Limited company: SC347800