[57north-discuss] Migrating wiki.57north.org.uk to Andy

Iain R. Learmonth irl at fsfe.org
Mon Mar 23 10:36:42 GMT 2020

Hi Andy,

On 23/03/2020 10:30, Andy Gaskell wrote:
> I'd be happy to migrate the wiki to another box, if folk are generally
> happy with that.
>
> I guess I'd just need a archive of the files and a dump of the mysql db.

I'd be happy with this. I can give you a zip of the wiki files, and a
mysql database dump.

The current host has 1 CPU and 1GB RAM.

MediaWiki + Uploads: 950MB
MySQL database: 80MB (on disk, not sure how big the dump would be)

Let me know when you have an appropriate host set up, I can shut down
the wiki, prepare the dump and archive, then make those available to you.

If you let me know the IP address at the same time you let me know that
the host is up, then we could also swap the DNS record just after I shut
it down, so by the time the migration is complete the DNS will have
updated (maybe).

I'm busy today, but maybe tomorrow evening is a good time for you?

Thanks,
Iain.