[57north-discuss] Migrating wiki.57north.org.uk to Andy

Andy Gaskell ag at ssofb.co.uk
Mon Mar 23 11:53:19 GMT 2020

Hi

That sounds good, I think maybe next week, at the earliest, when I've get
started on this.

This week is looking quite busy, juggling software dev and learning how to
be a teaching assistant, hopefully I'll have got the hang of it a bit by
next week :)

It was my intention to just get a VPS and sort of donate that to the
space.  Probably just a small one on Linode, AWS Lightsail, OVH or digital
ocean.  So, if there is anything else that needs hosting too, we could use
it for other things as well.

Cheers
Andy

On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 at 10:36, Iain R. Learmonth <irl at fsfe.org> wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>
> On 23/03/2020 10:30, Andy Gaskell wrote:
> > I'd be happy to migrate the wiki to another box, if folk are generally
> > happy with that.
> >
> > I guess I'd just need a archive of the files and a dump of the mysql db.
>
> I'd be happy with this. I can give you a zip of the wiki files, and a
> mysql database dump.
>
> The current host has 1 CPU and 1GB RAM.
>
> MediaWiki + Uploads: 950MB
> MySQL database: 80MB (on disk, not sure how big the dump would be)
>
> Let me know when you have an appropriate host set up, I can shut down
> the wiki, prepare the dump and archive, then make those available to you.
>
> If you let me know the IP address at the same time you let me know that
> the host is up, then we could also swap the DNS record just after I shut
> it down, so by the time the migration is complete the DNS will have
> updated (maybe).
>
> I'm busy today, but maybe tomorrow evening is a good time for you?
>
> Thanks,
> Iain.

Andy Gaskell
Head Developer
Software Systems: Open For Business
Email: ag at ssofb.co.uk
Web: http://www.ssofb.co.uk
Mobile: 07745 924 449
Office: 01224 312857
Skype: andy_at_ssofb
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/agaskell
Office: 40 Raeden Park Road, Aberdeen, AB15 5LQ.
Limited company: SC347800