[57north-discuss] Unauthorised linked profiles to a BBC account

Tony Travis tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk
Thu Nov 5 19:51:06 GMT 2020

Hi,

I've had unauthorised child profiles linked to my BBC account, despite
changing my BBC password and the WiFi password on our broadband router.
Nobody except my partner has access to our computers, mobiles or TV and
the unauthorised child profiles appeared on all our devices that log
into the BBC to use iPlayer. I've reported it to the BBC security team
and I did see something similar reported on Virgin broadband too, but
I'd appreciate advice if anyone knows about the exploit?

Thanks,

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk