[57north-discuss] IRC Channel

Andy Gaskell ag at ssofb.co.uk
Wed May 26 09:27:49 BST 2021

Hiya

Thanks Iain for sorting out this transition.

I'm not that familiar with IRC, but switching to Libera was really
straightforward, they have great documentation too.
https://libera.chat/guides/connect
https://libera.chat/guides/registration
https://libera.chat/guides/clients

Cheers

On Wed, 26 May 2021 at 07:40, Iain R. Learmonth <iain at learmonth.me> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just to follow up on the IRC move, the #57n channel on Freenode has been
> taken over by Freenode staff and is redirecting to ##57n which claims to
> be a community channel for 57n.
>
> To be clear, this new channel is nothing to do with us. It is not
> registered to us. It is not endorsed by us. It's being run by Freenode
> staff who have not communicated with us.
>
> Thanks,
> Iain.

Andy Gaskell
Head Designer and Developer
Software Systems: Open For Business
Email: ag at ssofb.co.uk
Mobile: 07745 924 449
Office: 01224 634360
Office: 3 Belvidere Street, Aberdeen, AB25 2QS
Limited company: SC347800