[57north-music] Some stuff you should go see

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Sun May 31 03:57:51 BST 2015

This list has been quiet for a while so I thought I would let you know
about some stuff coming up in Aberdeen that I'm looking forward to and
I thought some of you might like too...

Firstly we have The Revellers at Moorings on the 12th of June[0]. The
poster [2] has the best  blurb for them I've seen: "Fiddle and banjo
melodies, heavy rock middle section, fast and furious playing and
flamboyant stage antics."

Then on Saturday 13th Moorings has Electric Eel Shock[3]. Japanese
rock band that are highly entertaining. They have previously come
close to living up to Moorings' "Live Nude Bands" sign.

Looking further into the future Hayseed Dixie are coming to the Lemon
Tree in October [4]. Hayseed Dixie are kind of bluegrass meets rock
with a mix of covers and original stuff. A play through [5] ought to
give you a pretty good idea if you haven't come across them before.

Finally, I've just come across Lindsey Stirling's dubstep violin [6]
and am liking it a lot.

    Robert

[0] https://www.facebook.com/events/1388096194819803/
Apologies for facebook links, but that seems to be where most of the
information is (the moorings own website [1] is hilarious but not very
useful (the gig listings are from 2009)).

[1] http://www.themooringsbar.co.uk/

[2] https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/10997405_1652571751638538_4244331113234539305_n.jpg?oh=a4e8f134c23db60d8ee7cc22d2a65a17&oe=55D4C80C

[3] https://www.facebook.com/events/975959295750956/

[4] http://www.aberdeenperformingarts.com/events/hayseed-dixie-331887

[5] http://www.hayseed-dixie.com/Video.html

[6] http://www.lindseystirling.com/videos/
Robert McWilliam     rmcw at allmail.net    www.ormiret.com

The sun never goes down, it's just an illusion caused by the world
spinning round.
		--The Flaming Lips